Monday, 21 March 2011

Oh Well, Okay

It has come to my attention that I need shackles.

Not in a filthy sense (calm yourselves) and no, I am not suggesting that I am a criminal of any great wit or efficiency. But I am a procrastinator of vicious proportions, and so this blog is going to serve as my way of making sure I'm getting down a certain amount of words a week. It's also going to serve as a place where I can review different things that take my fancy, and showcase useful things around the internet for anybody who writes as well.

As this is an introductory post, (by the by, yes I name my blogs after songs. This is because I am fucking terrible at naming things, and you are all lucky I didn't just mash the keyboard with my head) I'll simply say that I am a Dublin-based working writer, that I enjoy wine, trouble-making, new experiences and spend most of my time mooching about in a big black coat and a Pink Floyd t-shirt talking to people. I mostly write speculative fiction (think strange people having strange things happen to them) but I dabble in other projects, most of which I will at some point complain about and/or plug sometime on this.

Other things are no doubt important and relevant, but I'll add them as they occur. In the meantime, I'm going to go attempt make this blog look more snazzy and less like a printer test page, and you are going to try this.

The inventor of this site is aptly named, as it is the most evil thing I have ever taken part in (and I've been to Sandi Thom concerts). Put quite simply, you write. You fucking write. If you don't, bad things happen. I'll leave you to experiment, and quite possibly curse my name.

http://writeordie.com/

On that note... *throws down smokebomb, leaves through trapdoor*

3 comments:

  1. write or die is evil. Almost as evilas my own regimine, but I have to push myself or I end up doing drugs and sleeping with married women that aren't my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Megan *GIANT HUG* Well plugging your blog here, as soon as I figure out how to do that :P

    ReplyDelete